COBB Easy Leg of Lamb
Serves 4 - 6
Prep: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 mins
- 2kg – 2.5kg leg of lamb (in this case we used a boneless leg of lamb)
- Small bunch rosemary, cut into 2cm short sprigs
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Remove all packaging from the lamb and keep a note of the weight to calculate the roasting time.
- Make incisions into the lamb using a small sharp knife, at an angle, about 5cm into the meat. Making the holes at an angle will mean more of the meat is flavoured, and the flavourings will be less tempted to be pushed out when roasting.
- Insert a short sprig of rosemary and a garlic slice into each of the holes, pressing well with your finger. Season the meat all over with salt and pepper, then rub the lamb all over with the olive oil.
- Light Your CobbleStone and allow for 3-5 minutes to stop smoking.
- Add a layer of tinfoil to your Fenced Roast Rack and place it onto your COBB. Transfer the leg of lamb onto the Fenced Roast Rack (on top of your thickly sliced onions). Roast for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, roast for another 15 – 20 mins per 500g, depending on how pink you like your lamb (remember the weight you noted before throwing away the packaging).
- Once cooked, cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes before carving. Save the juices from the Fenced Roast Rack Covered in foil to use for gravy if you like!