- 400 g Waterblommetjies
- 500 g Lamb cubes
- 30 ml Butter
- 15 ml Olive oil, plus extra
- 1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled and cut into small blocks
- 2 tbsp Curry paste
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 1 can Peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp Sugar
- 16 Small vine tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
Tsp = Teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
- Rinse waterblommetjies and soak in lightly salted water for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with a CobbleStone or 8-10 pieces of briquettes.
- Place the Frying Dish and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the lamb cubes in batches till browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Heat butter in Frying Dish and add a splash of olive oil. Fry onions till soft.
- Add garlic and potatoes and stir.
- Stir in coconut milk, curry paste, salt and simmer with the Dome lid on for 10 minutes – pour into different container and place the Frying Dish back onto your COBB.
- Rinse waterblommetjies again well. Add salted water to your Frying Dish, throw in your waterblommetjies and boil till al dente, in much the same way you would boil pasta. This should take 10-12 minutes. Refresh under cold water and set aside.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sugar, lamb, more salt as needed to your Frying Dish and cook for 40 minutes with the Dome Lid.
- When the potatoes are soft and the lamb tender, add the waterblommetjies again and vine tomatoes. Cook for 6-10 minutes with the Dome lid off, allowing the liquid to thicken.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Serve with basmati rice and a fruit chutney.