Ingredients for the Roast Beef:
- 1.5-2kg Roasting Beef, tied together with kitchen twine
- 2 Heaped tsp of ground cumin
- 2 Heaped tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp. whole black pepper corns, lightly crushed
- 1 Tbsp. whole coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- Salt flakes for seasoning
- Ground black pepper for seasoning
- 100g Butter
- Rosemary sprigs
- 3-4 Large garlic cloves, lightly bruised
Ingredients for the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1kg Mixed vegetables, such as baby carrots, potatoes, beetroot, butternut, sweet potato, red onions
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 Cup orange juice
- 1 Large sprig of thyme
- Salt and pepper
Tsp = Teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
Directions for the Roast Beef:
- Pat down the meat with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
- Make a dry spice rub by mixing all the ingredients together and applying it over the meat, coating the meat properly. Set the meat aside to marinate.
- In the interim, light your CobbleStone and allow to stop smoking, roughly 5 minutes.
- Place the Frying Dish over the heat and add butter. Allow the butter to brown slightly, then add meat.
- Add garlic and rosemary and sear well on each side, coating the meat in melted butter.
- Once seared remove the Frying Dish and replace with the Griddle+ and Fenced Roasted Rack. Do not discard the leftover butter from the Frying Dish, this will be used for your root vegetables later.
- Add the meat onto the Fenced Roasted Rack and cover with the Dome. Allow to cook for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on your meat preference) and remove from the COBB.
- Allow to rest for roughly 10 minutes before slicing.
Directions for the Roasted Vegetables:
- Light a CobbleStone and allow to burn for 5 minutes.
- Top your COBB with the Frying Pan, cover with the dome and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Wash and prep the vegetables but as far as possible, keep them in their natural form. Don’t peel, slice or dice the veg, but if you must, 1-1.5cm thickness is perfect.
- Add the left over butter from the Frying Dish, honey and orange juice to the Frying Pan.
- Toss in the thyme and vegetables and stir to coat in sauce, season to taste.
- Cover with the dome and roast for 35-45 minutes, stirring and turning the vegetables often.
- Once they’re golden, glazed and cooked through, place on a platter and drizzle with pan juices.