Skip to content
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Sausage of your choice (Plant-Based or Meat)
- 3 Brown onions, sliced into thick rounds
- ½teaspoon of sugar
- White or black pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled & grated
- ¾ cup chopped coriander
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Blue cheese (optional)
- 6 fresh white rolls
- Fresh rocket, for serving
- Light a cobblestone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a cobblestone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb.
- Place the frying dish onto the Cobb and cover with the lid to become hot for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and place the onions into the pan with a little oil and close the lid again.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the onions start to soften. Make sure to stir every now and again.
- Add the garlic to the frying dish and cook for a further 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the sugar, a pinch of salt and a good crack of pepper. Cook with the lid off for 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Close the lid and let it go for another 10 minutes. Then remove the lid and let it simmer away for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan and add the grill grid and the fenced roasting rack.
- Place the sausage onto the roasting rack and close the lid.
- Let it cook for about 20 minutes depending on the thickness of your sausage.
- When you want to serve, heat up the pan and sauce again and let your sausage rest.
- Serve on a fresh hot dog roll with some rocket, blue cheese or any extras.