- 1 medium chicken (about 1.5kg)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon (reserve the skins)
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 300g Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pack streaky bacon
- 1 can of beer
tsp = teaspoonDOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- Prepare and light your Cobb Cooker with 1 CobbleStone
- Add the Grill Grid, Dome Extension and the Dome Cover and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Combine the paprika, salt, pepper, 3 tsp olive oil, lemon zest and mix well. Rub this mixture all over the chicken in all the nooks and crannies, inside and out. Add the beer and lemon juice to a jug and set aside as your ‘cooking liquid’. Add almost 1 cup of the cooking liquid into the moat of the Cobb Cooker.
- Put the chicken onto the Chicken Roasting Stand in a ‘seated’ position. Place the Chicken Roasting Stand with the chicken onto the Grill Grid and pop the Dome Cover on. The chicken should cook for about 90 minutes in total. Please note that the COBB Supreme does not have a Chicken Roasting Stand, use the Supreme Fenced Roast Rack instead.
- Cut the hard stems off the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, cut them in half, place in a mixing bowl and discard any dried-out leaves. Drizzle with olive oil, season with a generous pinch of salt and mix well. When the chicken has finished cooking, remove it and cover with foil to rest.
- Remove the Dome Extension and Grill Grid replacing it with the Frying Pan. Close the Dome Cover and let the pan heat up for 5 minutes. Fry the bacon with the Dome Cover on for 10 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and garlic and cook for 10 minutes with the Dome Cover on. Remove the Dome Cover and deglaze the pan with a big splash of ‘cooking liquid’ Cook for a further 10 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are cooked.
- Carve up the chicken, grab some bacon-laced veggies and dig in!