- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- Milk (as needed)
- Butter/cooking oil for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 pack bacon of choice
- Maple Syrup
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl, and make a well in the middle.
- Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and salt together with a fork. Pour the mixture into the well in the flour, and start incorporating the flour until you have a nice batter.
- The shape and height of your pancakes will vary depending on how thick your batter is so adjusted by adding flour or milk as needed. Set the mixture aside and cover with a cloth.
- When your coals are ready, fry the bacon using the Cobb Griddle Pan and set aside.
- Heat up the Cobb Frying Pan, add a good knob of butter to the pan and let that melt. Pour off the melted butter into your batter bowl and whisk that in for a little extra goodness.
- Wipe the excess butter from the pan with some kitchen towel and scoop the batter into the pan with a spoon, leaving enough space between them as they will flatten out a bit.
- Once you see bubbles appearing on the top of the pancake, they are ready to flip with a non-metallic spatula. Repeat the pro- cess, adding a little more butter or oil to the pan if needed.
- To serve, make a stack of pancakes, top with a few pieces of bacon and drizzle with some maple syrup.