Skip to content
- 1 packet of the best boerewors/sausage you can find
- Tomato relish
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled & grated
- 1-2 chillis, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garam marsala
- Olive oil
- Light a cobblestone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a cobblestone on hand, ready your briquettes in the Cobb.
- Place the deep pan onto the Cobb and cover with the lid to become hot for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and place the onions into the pan with a little oil and close the lid again.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the onions start to soften. Make sure to stir every now and again.
- Add the garlic and chilli (you can decide how hot you want it, 1 chilli for spicy, 2 chillis for hot) and cook for a further 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the garam marsala and cook with the lid off for 3-5 minutes until fragrant and then add the tomatoes, sugar, a pinch of salt and a good crack of pepper.
- Close the lid and let it go for another 10 minutes. Then remove the lid and let it simmer away for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan and add the grill grid and the fenced roasting rack.
- Place the boerewors onto the roasting rack and close the lid.
- Let it cook for about 20 minutes depending on the thickness of your sausage.
- When you want to serve, heat up the pan and sauce again and let your sausage rest.
- Serve on a fresh hotdog roll with some rocket, your succulent boerewors and lots of relish.