COBB Sweet Potato Beer Bread
Servings: Makes 1 round loaf
Cooking time: 1 hour
This classic bread has been given a twist with the addition of sweet potato, which helps keep the crumb soft, flavourful, and moist. Leftover mashed potato or butternut would work too.
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked sweet potato mash (make sure it’s cold)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 1 can (340ml) beer
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Tip the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and shape into a round loaf. Cut a few shallow slashes into the top of the dough.
- Put the dough on a piece of greased foil and place it on the Fenced Roast Rack.
- Cover with the dome and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
This can be made in a cake pan, or for individual mini breads, use a muffin pan (make sure your pan fits in the COBB before you start, though). We also added small Rosemary Sprigs for extra taste!
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email