Servings: Makes 1 round loaf
Cooking time: 1 hour
This classic bread has been given a twist with the addition of sweet potato, which helps keep the crumb soft, flavourful, and moist. Leftover mashed potato or butternut would work too.
- 2½ cups (375g) self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp (3ml) salt
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked sweet potato mash (make sure it’s cold)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) olive oil
- 1 can (340ml) beer
- Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Tip the dough onto a flour-dusted surface and shape into a round loaf. Cut a few shallow slashes into the top of the dough.
- Put the dough on a piece of greased foil and place it on the Fenced Roast Rack.
- Cover with the dome and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
This can be made in a cake pan, or for individual mini breads, use a muffin pan (make sure your pan fits in the COBB before you start, though). We also added small Rosemary Sprigs for extra taste!