COBB Roasted Vegetables with Brandy and Honey Butter
Cooking time: 50 minutes
The vegetables used here are not set in stone – use what you have and what you and your family like, and mix and match as you go, trying different herbs and alcohol combinations.
- 1kg mixed vegetables, such as baby carrots, potatoes, beetroot, butternut, sweet potato, red onions
- ¼ cup (60ml) butter
- 2–3 tablespoons (30–45ml) honey
- ¼ cup (60ml) brandy
- 1 large sprig of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and prep the vegetables but as far as possible, keep them in their natural form. Don’t peel, slice and dice too much (1–1.5cm thick is perfect).
- Add the butter, honey, and brandy to the pan and allow the butter to melt. Toss in the thyme and vegetables and stir to coat in sauce. Season to taste.
- Cover with the dome and roast for 35–45 minutes, stirring and turning the vegetables often.
- Once they’re golden, glazed and cooked through, place on a platter and drizzle with pan juices.
Swap it Out:
You can use white wine, sherry or even apple juice instead of the brandy.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on email