Ingredients for the Garlic Butter:
- 1/2 Cup softened butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Thyme sprigs
- Mix together the above ingredients and set aside.
Ingredients for the Marinade:
- 1 Whole chicken, skin attached
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp white pepper powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp maple syrup
- Zest of half a lemon plus juice
- Thyme sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Onion
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a paste.
Tsp = Teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
- Gently separate the skin from the chicken to form a pocket and add butter between the chicken and the skin, being careful not to tear the skin. Generously baste the chicken coating each side with the marinade.
- Add lemon, onion and thyme sprigs to the inside of the chicken and set aside to marinate, roughly 10 minutes.
- Begin by lighting your CobbleStone and allow to burn till the smoking has stopped. Add the burning CobbleStone to the COBB Cooker, place the Griddle+ on top and then add the Dome Extension and dome, to preheat.
- Skewer the chicken on either side and secure over the Dome Extension.
- Add a packed of roasting potatoes onto the Griddle+and place the COBB Dome on top.
- Switch on the motorised rotator and allow to cook for 45 minutes
- Once cooked remove the potatoes and the Griddle+ and allow the chicken to cook over the flaming CobbleStonefor a further 45 minutes. This will ensure that the skin becomes crispy and charred.
- Once cooked remove from the heat and allow to rest before carving.
- Serve with potatoes, garlic bread and summer salad.