Prep time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 45g butter
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, secured with cocktail sticks
- 200g bacon lardons
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 400ml white wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- 250g button mushrooms
- 6tbsp crème fraiche
- 2tbsp cornflour mixed with 2tbsp water
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- To begin your chicken casserole, heat the COBB.
- Heat half the butter in a frying dish, add half the chicken, season and fry for about 10 mins, until browned. Remove the meat from the frying dish with a slotted spoon, discard the cocktail sticks and reserve.
- Add the remaining butter to the frying dish and fry the rest of the chicken for 10 mins, until evenly browned
- In another pan, dry-fry the lardons until crispy. Set aside. Fry the onion and leeks, to soften slightly.
- Combine all the chicken, the lardons, onion and leeks in the casserole dish. Pour over the wine and stock. Add the mushrooms. Cover the dish and cook in the COBB for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the casserole. Heat on the hob and stir until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Optional: You can also use a casserole on the Cobb if you don’t have a frying dish.