Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 3/4 cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 6 serrano chilis, sliced in half and de-seeded
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 1 – 2 lemons, cut into six pieces
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 5 oz. spinach
- 1 – 2 avocados
- big dollop of hummus
- red pepper flakes, to garnish
- hemp hearts, to garnish
- Preheat COBB to 200° Degrees (You can check temperature with the COBB Thermometer)
- Remove any unsightly spots on the sweet potato skins before cubing, peel the carrots if needed and half or quarter the brussels sprouts depending on the size.
- Place vegetables, chickpeas and lemon in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet that fits the COBB.
- Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Roast for 40 – 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Vegetables should be slightly browned on the edges and fork tender. Remove from COBB and let cool a few minutes.
- In a medium size pot, that fits the COBB, bring 1 3/4 cup water + 1 cup quinoa to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once done, turn off heat, remove cover, fluff with fork and let set 10 – 15 minutes.
- Perfect quinoa every time! Makes about 3 cups.
- Feel free to add a little seasoning to the quinoa before cooking like garlic powder, thyme, garlic salt, mineral salt, lemon pepper, everyday seasoning, etc.
- In individual bowls, serve vegetables with 1/3 cup quinoa, handful of spinach, sliced avocado and a nice dollop of hummus.
- Top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, hemp hearts a squeeze of roasted lemons.