- 1/2 Cup milk
- 3/4 Cup dark brown muscovado sugar
- 3 Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Zest of one orange (roughly 1 Tbsp)
For the Sauce:
- ½ Cup cream
- ½ Cup full cream milk
- ½ Cup butter
- ½ Cup sugar
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Cup fresh orange juice
- Begin by lighting your CobbleStone and allow to burn for 5 minutes until the smoking has stopped. Top your COBB with the Grill Grid and Roast Rack, cover with the Dome Lid and allow to preheat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the milk, brown sugar, eggs, apricot jam, melted butter, and vinegar until fully combined.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and orange zest.
- Combine with the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the Bread Tin and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once the pudding has baked, remove the Roast Rack and Grill Grid and set aside. Place the Frying Dish on the COBB.
- Combine the cream, orange juice, milk, butter, sugar and salt and heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Poke holes all over the hot pudding with a skewer and then pour the warm orange sauce over the malva.
- Allow to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Serve suggestions: Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard.