Ingredients for the pancakes:
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30ml)
- melted butter, plus extra for frying
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) flour
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
Ingredients for the Butterscotch Sauce:
- ½ cup (100g) caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons (30ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) butter
- ½ cup (125ml) cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
Directions for the Pancakes:
- Light a CobbleStone and allow to burn for 5 minutes.
- Top your COBB with the Frying Pan, cover with the
dome and preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and melted butter together.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix with the wet ingredients briefly to form a smooth batter.
- Add a pat of butter to the Frying Pan and spread it around. Drop dollops of batter into the pan and allow to cook till bubbles have formed. Flip the pancake gently allowing the other side to cook.
- Cook the rest of the batter until golden, flipping and frying until cooked through.
- Place pancakes on a plate and cover with a tea towel till ready to serve.
Directions for the Butterscotch Sauce:
Wipe down the Frying Dish and begin with the butterscotch sauce
- Add the sugar to the Frying Dish, then the water.
- Place the Frying Dish on the COBB and let the sugar melt – do not stir as this can cause it to crystallise.
- Once the sugar has melted and turned a dark
caramel colour, add the butter, cream and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Remove from the heat as soon as the cream has
incorporated into the mixture.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.