- 8 Bread slices, white- or brown bread
- Butter, to spread
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2-3 Large tomatoes, sliced (2-3 tomato slices per bread)
- 1 Large onion, sliced into 8 onion rings
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Chutney, to spread
Tsp = Teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with ½ a CobbleStone or 5 pieces of briquettes.
- Place the Griddle+ and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Spread butter on both sides of the sliced bread (thinner on the sides that will show towards the inside than the outside).
- Spread chutney and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly among all the braaibroodjies.
- Stack the tomato and onion on top and grind salt and pepper.
- Spray the Non-stick cooking spray on the Griddle+.
- Brown the bread; you should aim to melt all the cheese and for all the fillings to be completely heated by the time the braaibroodjies are golden brown on the outside.
- Once done, remove from the heat and serve immediately as a side to your perfected braai meat.