Canned Apple Pie
- 125g Butter
- 125g White castor sugar
- 250g Self-raising flour
- 1 Egg (half for the dough, the other half for brushing)
- 5g Vanilla sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 Sweet and sour apples
- 50g Granulated sugar
- 50g Raisins
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 10g Breadcrumbs
- Butter for greasing the cans
- Flour for rolling out the dough
- Whipped cream
- 4 empty cans. Make sure that the cans fit under the lid of the COBB and that there are no sharp edges!
- Rolling pin
Tsp = Teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
- Beat the egg and divide it into two parts. One half is for the dough, the other half for the coating.
- Mix the butter, castor sugar, self-raising flour, half an egg, vanilla sugar and salt and knead into a firm dough. Divide the part into 2/3 and 1/3. If the dough is very soft, place it in the refrigerator for a while.
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Add the granulated sugar, raisins and cinnamon.
- Grease the inside of the cans with butter. Roll out 2/3 of the dough and cut out 4 rounds the size of the tin. Place these round slices of dough on the bottom of the tin. Cut the rest of the dough into strips and line the inside of the tin.
- Sprinkle a little breadcrumbs in the bottom of the tin. Then fill the cans with the apple mixture.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut into thin strips. Place the strips cross-wise over the cans. Then brush the strips with the remainder of the egg.
- Light the COBB with a CobbleStone. When the CobbleStone is gray, preheat the Aluminium Grill Grid, Roast Rack and Dome Lid for 10 minutes. Place the cans on the rack and place the lid on the COBB. Bake the tins of mini apple pies for about 45 minutes.
- Serve them with a delicious dollop of whipped cream and voila!