- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 small can (200g) Cream-style sweetcorn
- 1 bottle/carton (500ml) Buttermilk
- 2 extra-large Eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup (80g) Butter, melted
- 2 cups (300g) Bread or Cake flour
- ½ cup (120g) Cornmeal (maize meal porridge)
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Salt
- 2 Corn cobs, kernels sliced off (1–1½ cups)
- Optional: Sundried tomato and jalapeños for the topping
- Light ½ a CobbleStone and allow to burn for 5 minutes. Top your COBB with the Grill Grid and Fenced Roast Rack, cover with the Dome and preheat for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the sugar, sweetcorn, buttermilk, egg and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and stir through the corn kernels.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into your greased Bread Tin.
- Place on the Fenced Roast Rack, cover with the Dome and bake for 35–45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly before unmoulding.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Sliced pickled jalapeños
- Zest of juice of 1 lime
Mix all the above ingredients together and serve with a warm slice of corn bread.