Warning: Use of undefined constant âDISABLE_WP_CRONâ - assumed 'âDISABLE_WP_CRONâ' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/www/users/cobbojnqxu/wp-config.php on line 80
Malva Pudding Recipe | Cobb Online Skip to content
THE PUDDING :
- 3/4 sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (a generous tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
THE SAUCE :
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cream
- 100g butter
- (90 – 150 g) sugar
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Light the Cobb with the firelighters and briquettes. When the briquettes are half grey, preheat the base plate, rack and lid for 10 minutes.
- Grease an oven dish. I used a 7 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch Pyrex dish. (18 x 18 x 4 1/2 cm) Or one that just fits in the Cobb.
- Beat or whip the sugar and eggs. It’s quickest in a food processor, or use electric beaters. Beat until thick and lemon coloured, then add the jelly (jam) and mix through.
- Melt the butter (don’t boil) and add the butter and vinegar to the wet mixture.
- Sieve, or simply mix together: the flour, soda and salt.
- Add this mixture with the milk to the egg mixture in the processor or mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Pour into an oven-proof dish and bake until pudding is brown and well-risen, this will be between 30 – 45 minutes.
- In a pot, melt together the ingredients for the sauce, and stir well.
- Pour it over the pudding as soon as it comes out of the Cobb.
- Leave to stand awhile before serving. Serve warm. Because it’s rich it does not really need enhancement, but if you want, serve with vanilla ice cream.