Warning: Use of undefined constant âDISABLE_WP_CRONâ - assumed 'âDISABLE_WP_CRONâ' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /usr/www/users/cobbojnqxu/wp-config.php on line 80
Milk Tart | Recipes | Cobb Online Skip to content
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups of milk
- 3 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Coat a 22 cm bread tin with vegetable oil cooking spray. Light the Cobb with a Cobble Stone. When the Cobble Stone is grey, place the bread tin and lid on the Cobb and preheat the Cobb for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy. Sift in the cake flour, baking powder and salt, and stir until well blended.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into the batter. Pour into the prepared bread tin, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for25 minutes, lift the lid to get rid of some heat and continue to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center is set when you gently jiggle the pie. Serve hot or cold.