For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 t instant yeast
- 3 T oil
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 pack of streaky bacon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T brown sugar
- 100 g blue cheese
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese
- grated 1 tin chopped tomatoes
For the Toppings:
- Prepare and light your Cobb Cooker with 1 CobbleStone [see fuel].
- Place the Frying Pan and the Dome Cover on your COBB Cooker and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Dissolve the yeast in the water and add the oil. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough begins to form.
- Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and start kneading for a good 10 minutes. It might seem sticky but keep kneading until the dough is smooth and soft. Set aside in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and set aside in a warm place for about 30 minutes (or until risen).
- Fry the bacon on the Frying Pan until crispy or to your liking and set aside. Sauté the onions and add the brown sugar, fry until cooked and caramelised for about 10 minutes and set aside.
- Punch down the dough again by giving it another quick knead. Roll it out to fit inside the Frying Pan
- Cover the base with some tomato, top with mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon and onions. Place the Frying Pan onto the heat and cover, allowing the pizza to cook for 20-25minutes or until crispy and cooked.
- Serve straight away while nice and warm!
COBB Compact – 1 CobbleStone
COBB Premier – 1 CobbleStone or 10 briquettes
COBB Supreme – 1 CobbleStone or 10 briquettes
COBB Gas – Medium Heat