- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 4 (4-ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk (you can also use half & half or heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large frying dish over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the dish, skin-side up.
- Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned and cooked about three quarters of the way through.
- Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes more; remove from dish and set aside.
- Add butter to dish and melt over heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until spinach is beginning to wilt.
- Stir in evaporated milk, parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salmon back to dish and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce over each fillet and serve.
- For skillet cooked fish, it is recommended to buy skin-on fish fillets. To start, you need to season the fillets with salt and pepper, and place the fish skin side up in a pan with garlicky olive oil.
- The salmon fillets will need to cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness, but should not be moved around until they are cooked about three quarters of the way through.
- Flip, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes; remove from frying pan or dish and set aside.
- Wipe down the frying dish, melt some butter, and add cherry tomatoes to the dish; cook for a few minutes before adding in the spinach.
- Once spinach has wilted, you will stir in the evaporated milk, some grated parmesan cheese, and herbs.
- Place salmon fillets back in the frying dish and let cook for about 3 minutes, or until everything is heated through.