Skip to content
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 cups sliced fennel
- 3 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup oil cured black olives
- 1 piece of cod cut into 4 portions (or any Mediterranean fish)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds optional
- 1 tsp orange zest
- In a frying dish over medium heat, cook onion, fennel, and garlic in olive oil for 8 minutes, season with salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp of each).
- Add canned diced tomato, fresh tomato, kale, and water. Stir well and cook for 12 minutes. Add crushed red pepper, fresh oregano, and olives.
- Prepare fish, season with salt, pepper, orange zest and fennel seeds (optional).
- Nestle fish into kale tomato stewing mixture. Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and finish with fennel fronds, more fresh oregano, more orange zest, and a drizzle of olive oil on top.
- Serve immediately.