- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces spinach leaves
- 8 ounces linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Light the COBB with the firelighters and briquettes. When the briquettes are half gray, preheat the base plate, rack and lid for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a Cobb Frying Dish. Add the shallots and cook until soft and caramelised, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and pinch salt/pepper.
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the salted water in the frying dish and cook a little more than half of the recommended time.
eg: if al dente is 10 minutes, cook for 6.
- Remove some of the water from the dish, leaving 2 ladles of pasta water. The pasta water has starches to help the sauce cling to the pasta, so don’t substitute regular water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the water has evaporated. Continue to add more pasta water, one ladle at a time (might only need 1-2 more) until pasta is al dente/cooked through.
- Add the cooked shallots, garlic, red peppers, and spinach to the pasta.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and season to taste, if needed.
- Now you can sit back, relax and enjoy your meal.