- 1 roll bought puff pastry
- 200g mature cheddar cheese
- 100g sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes in the COBB.
- Place the fenced roast rack above the grill grid and let it heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Grate the cheese and chop the sun dried tomatoes after draining them from their oil. Mix together and season nicely, adding the leaves from the thyme.
- Roll out the pastry and cut 20 cm x 10 cm rectangles.
- Place cheese mixture on one half of the pastry, making sure to leave a 1cm space at the edge.
- Crack the egg and beat with a fork.
- Brush some egg wash around the edges of the pie.
- Close the pie with the remaining half of the pastry and close the edges with a fork, pressing down and sealing the pie.
- Brush the pies with some more egg wash.
- Place the pies on some foil (for easy manageability) and close the lid.
- Leave them to cook for 20 plus minutes until the pastry is golden and the underside is cooked. Do not lift the dome too often.
- Eat as a side dish or a delicious finger-licking snack.