- For the sosatie sauce, in the Frying Dish, sauté the onions in the oil and 2 Tbsp butter until translucent then add the crushed garlic and ginger.
- Add the spices and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the apricot jam & water, stir to combine then simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce thickens. Gently stir in another 3 Tbsp butter to finish the sauce.
- To prepare the sosaties, alternate the chicken pieces and pieces of pork rashers on a skewer stick. Season with salt and pepper then remove the Frying Dish, and place the Grill Grid on your cooker to grill on a high temperature for 5-10 minutes on each side until the meat is completely cooked.
- To serve, dip the cooked sosatie into the sosatie sauce then place the sosatie in a hotdog roll, add a handful of coleslaw. Remember to remove the sosoatie stick before you take a bite.
For a simple coleslaw, combine chopped cabbage, chopped baby spinach, grated carrots the add a splash of olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper.