Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the grilled chicken:
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded flat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove crushed in garlic press
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and chopped (optional)
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half (can use any other type of tomatoes)
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- 2 boiled eggs (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the salad:
For the dressing:
- Pound the chicken flat with a meat tenderizer or slice chicken breasts in half to make them thinner.
- In medium bowl or Ziplock bag, combine the chicken, olive oil, oregano, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Heat a Frying Pan or Frying Dish to medium-heat and grill chicken 5-6 minutes per side until tender and cooked through.
- Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes then slice or chop.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and mix to combine. alternately, whisk in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine all the chopped ingredients for the salad. Top with chopped chicken and drizzle generously with dressing. Serve immediately.