Skip to content
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tinned tomato
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups pumpkin, diced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust according to heat preference)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- Slice roughly 1 centimetre off the top of each pepper, remove seeds and using the tip of a sharp knife, carve out eyes, nose and mouth to resemble a Halloween Jack-O-Lantern. Set the peppers aside.
- Light your CobbleStone and allow to burn for 5 minutes or until smoking stops.
- Place Frying Dish onto your COBB and allow to heat. Once hot, add oil, onion and garlic and fry till translucent.
- Add mince and brown slightly. Add cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and allow to cook, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- Add tomato, tomato puree, sugar and peas and cover with the dome. Once liquid has reduced, uncover and fill mince into the peppers (roughly ¾ of each pepper).
- In the same Frying Dish, add cubed pumpkin and 1/2 cup of water. Cover with the Dome Lid and allow to steam until soft.
- Once soft, add 1 Tablespoon of butter, salt, and pepper to taste. Mash till soft and fluffy and spoon over the mince. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Remove Frying Dish and place peppers on the Fenced Roast Rack. Put Dome Lid on and allow to cook until peppers are soft (roughly 25 minutes).