Skip to content
- 1 x Snoek, cleaned
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Sweet potatoes seasoned with salt, black pepper & two tablespoons olive oil, peeled and cubed.
For the Spicy Apricot Glaze:
DOWNLOAD RECIPE PDF
- 80 g butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 2 T apricot chutney (optional)
- 10 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Prepare and light your COBB Cooker with 1 CobbleStone Place cubed sweet potatoes in the inner sleeve.
- Place the Grill Grid and Fenced Roast Rack on your COBB Cooker.
- To make the glaze, heat the butter and garlic in an enamel mug (or any other ovenproof mixing bowl you have that will fit inside your COBB) – and close the Dome lid for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (Sweet potato etc.) and cover again for 10 minutes – remove mug and set aside.
- Pat the Snoek dry using kitchen paper, then place skin-side down on a sheet of tin foil on the Fenced Roast Rack – season with salt and pepper.
- Using a basting brush, generously baste the fish with the glaze, cover with Dome.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- When the fish turns white, turn and baste it again, then cook for 5-10 minutes on the other side.
- Remove your fish and sweet potatoes and serve alongside a fresh garden salad.