St Patricks Day Cookies
- 1 ½ cups Butter, softened
- 2 cups White sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 5 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Cookie Batter:
- 5 cups Icing sugar
- 1/3 cup Light corn syrup
- 1/4 cups Milk, plus more for thinning
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond extract (or vanilla)
- Green food colouring
For the Icing:
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least 1 hour (or overnight).
- Light your COBB using ½ a CobbleStone or 4-5 Briquettes and place your Frying Pan and Dome Lid on.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out dough to ½ – 1cm thickness. Cut into shapes with a leaf cookie cutter. Place cookies 2cm’s apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Transfer to your Frying Pan and bake until cookies are lightly browned, it normally takes 6 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before decorating.
How to make the icing:
- In a large bowl, combine icing sugar, corn syrup, milk, and extract.
- Add more milk a teaspoon at a time, if necessary, to thin out frosting. You want it to be thick enough that it holds its shape when piped for outlining the cookies.
- Divide mixture in half – add green food colouring until desired colour is reached in the one half and leave the other half uncoloured.
- Scoop into a piping bag and decorate to your heart’s desire.