- 4 x 200g Salmon Fillets
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1.5 Cups Cherry Wood Chips (soaked in water)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 16 Baby Potatoes (washed and halved)
For the Crème Fraiche:
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Fresh Dill (chopped)
- 3 tsp Capers (chopped)
- 2 tsp Horseradish Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1.5 Lemons (cut into wedges)
- Salt (to taste)
Tbsp = Tablespoon
- Prepare your COBB Grill and light a CobbleStone and wait a few minutes until it has turned grey. Or, if you don’t have a CobbleStone on hand, ready your briquettes. Place Frying Dish and Dome Lid on COBB Grill and let heat up for at least 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes to Frying Dish, cover halfway with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Cover with the Dome Lid and let the potatoes cook until tender. This should take 30-40 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, mix the sour cream, dill, capers, horseradish and lemon juice in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the salt, sugar and pepper together and set aside.
- When the potatoes are tender, remove and set aside.
- Place the Grill Grid and Roast Rack on the COBB and let heat up for 5 minutes.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt mixture.
- Spray the Roast Rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the soaked wood chips directly on the CobbleStone or briquettes.
- Place salmon fillets on Roast Rack and cover with the Dome Lid. Smoke for about 20-25 minutes.
- While the fish is smoking, drain and mash potatoes with a fork and mix with Crème Fraiche sauce.
- When done, gently lift the fillets off Roast Rack.
- Serve with crushed potatoes and lemon wedges!