This is a quick fix if you do the marinating ahead of time. Also, these kebabs will still taste good cold, so they’re perfect for picnics or road trips. We used chicken thighs in this recipe because they stay lovely and moist no matter how long you cook them.
500g deboned chicken thighs, cut into chunks
2 small onions, cut into wedges
100g turkish apricots
Handful of fresh bay leaves
Handful of fresh coriander, for serving
8 wooden kebab sticks, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- Thread the chicken, onion, apricots and bay leaves onto the kebab sticks. Place in a shallow dish.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and pour over the kebabs. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Light a CobbleStone and allow to burn for 5 minutes. Fit your COBB with the BBQ Kit. Cover with the dome and preheat grid for 5 minutes.
- Shake the excess marinade off the kebabs, arrange on the BBQ Grid and grill.
- Turn the kebabs every 5 minutes and baste with leftover marinade until they are golden, sticky and cooked through. This will take about 25 minutes.
- Rest kebabs for about 10 minutes before serving, garnished with coriander.
Instead of the dry spices in the marinade, you can use a tablespoon or two of your favourite Asian curry paste. If you don’t have the BBQ Kit, first sear the meat on all sides on the Grill Grid, then continue cooking on the Roast Rack.